Notice to customers relating to the Do Not Call Provisions under Part IX and the Personal Data Provisions under Parts III to VI of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”)
- We value the trust you have placed in us to protect your privacy, and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your “personal data” (as ascribed under the PDPA as amended, revised or re-enacted thereto from time to time) is important to us and we are committed to keeping your personal information confidential and secure.
- This Policy applies to all individuals whose personal data is in our possession or under our control.
This Policy also applies to personal data that we collect from third parties.
This Policy does not apply to the handling of information that does not relate to an individual – for instance, the information about corporations.
- This Policy further does not extend or cover any third party websites which, without our authority, may be linked from and/or to our website.
Do-Not-Call Privacy Statement
1. Currently, we do not offer any personal or consumer loans or products to individuals. When you receive any marketing or promotional calls, SMS, MMS and facsimile messages of a commercial nature from someone representing us, the intent of our call and message is solely for the purposes of your business
and not, you as an individual for personal purposes.
2. However, if you had received in your personal capacity any such calls or messages, please inform us by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Personal Data Protection Statement
1. Collection and Use
- We only collect and use your personal data which are relevant and required for the purpose for which you were informed and they were obtained.
If we were already in possession of your personal data prior to 2 July 2014, subject to all applicable provisions under the PDPA, we may continue to use your personal data for the purposes for which the personal data was collected.
- If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of that third party to you providing us with their personal data.
2. Withdrawal of Consent
- You may at any time withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving reasonable written notice to our Data Protection Officer.
- You should however take note that if you withdraw your consent, we reserve all rights arising from the withdrawal and will inform you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal.
- We do not sell your personal data to any third party for any purpose including marketing or commercial purposes.
- We ensure only authorised employees will have access to your personal data whereby, they are required to abide by their contractual obligations to maintain confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
We may also disclose your personal data in limited circumstances such as to the regulatory authority or law enforcement agencies or in accordance with the applicable laws, to collect or report debts owed to us, to enforce and protect our rights, powers and remedies under our agreements including loan and/or security documents and to other third parties for such purposes as we deem fit.
- Subject to the exceptions stated under the PDPA, you have the right of access to your personal data which are in our possession or under our control or information which may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of your request.
- Your request for access must be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer and depending on the complexity of your request, is subject to the payment of such fees as may be prescribed by us from time to time.
- You shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete.
If you believe your records with us are inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or not updated, please write to our Data Protection Officer.
- We will promptly update your records accordingly within five (5) working days from the date of the receipt of your written request.
If we do not agree that your information is inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete or out of date, we will write to you and tell you the reason(s) why we do not agree with you. We will also tell you what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
6. Compliance by Third Parties
We may share your personal data with third parties, including those who provide support services or acting as our agents, who must ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure and used only according to our instructions and directions.
7. Security Measures
- We store your personal data in hardcopy documents and/or electronically.
- We practise physical security, such as locks and “restricted access” controls.
- We further undertake administrative measures, such as requiring our employees to be bound by confidentiality obligations in their employment contracts.
- We also maintain computer and network security and monitoring measures including:- Personal password to control access to computer systems.
- Firewalls, proxy server and anti-virus protection systems to detect and prevent illegitimate activities and/or illegal intrusions of our network system.
- Regular security reviews of our systems by our internal and external auditors.
- Vigilant monitoring to detect any suspicious activities at our network system.
- Exploring new technology continually to enhance our security system.
9. Your responsibility to protect your personal data
- It is important that you do your part to ensure that any personal data provided to us via email or any other channels of communication are done in a safe and secure manner.
- If you wish to access our website, always directly enter our website address in the browser address bar. Do not access our website via any hyperlink within emails.
- Contact us immediately should you notice something suspicious or encounter any issues, difficulties or irregularities in accessing our website.
- When using your personal computer, please ensure you observe any recommended security, preventive or “tips” measure, including those from your software and network security providers.
- Email messages sent to us over the Internet containing your personal data cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and you assume all risks arising or in connection thereto including the risk of access and interference by unauthorised third parties.
- We will not be liable to you for any losses, damages, expenses, costs (including legal costs) and charges (whether direct or indirect, foreseeable or unforeseeable, special or consequential or economic loss) incurred or suffered by you arising out of you sending your personal data to us including over the Internet.
10. Third Party Websites
This Policy applies only to our website and does not extend or cover any third party websites which may be linked from and/or to our website. When visiting these third party websites, you should read their privacy policies.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal, regulatory, accounting or business requirements.
With effect from 01 January 2019, this Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us (“Terms and Conditions”) and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions.
We may amend, add, delete or substitute any of the terms and conditions of this Policy from time to time and we will place such amendments, additions, deletions or substitutions on our website. Do regularly check this website for the most recent version.
1. Any report on receiving marketing calls or messages in your personal capacity or queries, concerns or complaints relating to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data shall be directed to our Data Protection Officer during our working hours of 08:30 to 17:45 from Monday to Friday on our working days. The contact details of our Data Protection Officer are as follows:-
Data Protection Officer
1, Irving Place,
Tel: 6880 3911
2. Please note that when you contact us including via email, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any calls may be monitored, minuted or recorded to ensure compliance with internal policies.
3. We are committed to attend to your queries, concerns or complaints as expeditiously as possible.
Contacting Third Party
If your personal data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. recruitment agency, a headhunter or a business consultant), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.